UNC Charlotte faculty can request that a book be sent to their department by using the Request Item feature on the online search catalog. Faculty members can submit their item request and choose to either pick up their title in J. Murrey Atkins Library or have it delivered to their department through campus mail.
Guidelines for Item Delivery Service:
- If a title is available, library staff will pull the title from the shelves for you. If the title has been checked out, the library can recall it from another user. Contact the Circulation Department to have a recall placed on a title that has already been checked out.
- Requests submitted on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday will be processed the following Monday morning.
- If you designate the Library as the pickup location, a confirmation email will be sent to you when your request is available for pickup at the Circulation Desk. Items will be held for 7 days.
- If you select office delivery, your request will be checked out and sent to your department through campus mail in a green Atkins Express bag.
- The delivery service is not available to all patrons of the library; only faculty can have items delivered to their department.
To Place a Retrieval Request:
- Go to the online search catalog.
- Enter a search query in the catalog search box. Select a title from the search results.
- Click the green Request Item button located on the right side of your screen. If not already logged in, you will be prompted to do so.
- On the “Request a hold for this item” screen, choose a pickup location from the dropdown menu. To pick up your request at the Circulation Desk, select Atkins Library. To have your request sent to your department through campus mail, select Office Delivery.
- Click Submit to finalize your request.