- Home Page
- Laptop Policy
Circulation Loan Period:
- Laptops circulate to currently enrolled UNC Charlotte students
- UNC Charlotte ID must be presented for checkout. Temporary UNCC ID's are not accepted.
- Laptops circulate for a twenty four hour loan period with no renewals
- There is a four hour wait before next check out for the same patron
- If you return a laptop for someone else, you will still have a four hour wait before being able to check out another laptop
- Laptop fines are $1.00 per hour or any part of an hour
Circulation Replacement Costs:
- Patrons are responsible for the entire cost if the laptop is damaged, lost, or stolen while in your possession.
- Each item required to use the laptop will be priced separately i.e. power adaptor is separate from laptop.
- Current Replacement Costs for Laptops are shown on the laptop screen when the computer is turned on.
- Laptops are wired- and wireless- capable
- Additional software includes the Microsoft suite:
- Patron work can be saved to the hard drive
- Laptops will be protected with DeepFreeze which will restore the original image after the computer is restarted, thereby assuring a clean image for each patron and minimal maintenance by Circulation staff. Drive T will, however, not be deleted upon reboot, so saved patron files will not be automatically deleted.