PC and Mac laptops can be checked out at the Circulation Desk located on the first floor near the main entrance. Laptops are available on a first come, first served basis. The loan period for all laptops is 24 hours.
Circulation Loan Period:
- Laptops circulate to currently enrolled UNC Charlotte students.
- UNC Charlotte ID must be presented for checkout. Temporary UNC Charlotte ID's are not accepted.
- Laptops circulate for a 24 hour loan period with no renewals.
- There is a four hour wait before next check out for the same patron.
- If you return a laptop for someone else, you will still have a four hour wait before being able to check out another laptop.
- Laptop fines are $1.00 per hour or any part of an hour.
Circulation Replacement Costs:
- Patrons are responsible for the replacement cost if the laptop is damaged, lost, or stolen while in your possession.
- Laptop and laptop accessories will be priced separately when calculating replacement costs; i.e. the power adaptor will be priced separately from the laptop.
- Current replacement costs are outlined in the Replacement Costs for Laptops document, which can be found on the desktop of each lendable laptop.
- Laptops are wired and wireless capable.
- Patron work can be saved to the hard drive.
- Laptops are protected with DeepFreeze, software that restores the laptop to its original settings after the computer is restarted.
- Drive T will not be deleted upon reboot, therefore, saved files will not be automatically deleted.
Additional software can be found here.